Ring in the new year with some horror hotness
Some films: Disturbing Behavior (1998), Ginger Snaps (2000), Bones (2001), Freddy vs. Jason (2003), Ginger Snaps: Unleashed (2004), Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning (2004)
This is just a reminder that now that the holiday grind is dissipating, we’ll be back with regular posts and reviews so all of you who are going nuts and have entered therapy due to the lack of regular updates to your bookmarked Deadlantern site can tell your doctor you won’t need that Prozac prescription refilled (or maybe you will…).
The New Year is going to bring lots of great things:
1. Super Smash Casters: Wherein a hopefully large contingency of horror podcasters trash talk each other every week in a Fantasy Football type tournament of online Smash Bros. Brawl gaming goodness. The winner will be crowned the best horror podcast, and since Steve happens to be on our team, we’re pretty much guaranteed to win 🙂 Look for more information about this in the near future as well as the different podcasts that will be involved.
2. Outpost Doom: We like to make movies. We’re going to make this one beginning in May. It’s going to kick your ass. What’s it about? I hear there’s some sort of diary floating around somewhere…
3. The Grand Horror DVD: It’s coming soon. I think. I hope. Maybe. We’ll see 🙂
4. Multimedia Section: Verdict is still out on this. It all depends on whether or not I’ve got the time. The idea is that this will consist of short 2-3 minute “factoids” and clips of old horror movies, hosted by yours truly. Like I said.
5. Dead Politics: Some of you might care, most of you probably won’t, but the global entertainment empire that is Deadlantern is branching off into a political podcast . This is a weekly show and expect things to get a little heated as the election gets nearer and nearer.
6. Splattercast: We hope to ratchet up the quality of the show with more history, themes, Drunken Deejay Diatribes and possibly score more interviews.
And you never know, there could be all kinds of other strange and wonderful things popping up in 2008. We hope you’ll continue to visit. Look for my Top 10 Favorite Flicks of 2007 on New Year’s Day.
Getting back into the swing of things a couple days early. Happy New Year!
Splattercast #58 has been uploaded.
I’m truly sorry, but I screwed up the recording session for this episode and a lot of the episode is badly distorted. It goes back and forth from being perfectly clear to having a nasty buzz on it. I considered not posting it at all due to the poor quality, but Mat and Steve spent their time on Christmas Day making this episode and I wanted to have something to show for it.
If you can’t stand to listen to the fuzzy audio, here’s a quick summary of the episode: The new Aliens vs Predator flick is a big disappointment.
Thanks for your understanding!
A wonderful trailer for Psycho is posted at Trailers From Hell. Don’t forget to watch it first without the Landis commentary track.
Julie Adams is gorgeous. She is noteworthy for wearing the most famous bathing suit in the history of horror movies and being hit on by a large monster with gills 🙂
Some films: Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954), Night Gallery: The Miracle at Camafeo (1972), Psychic Killer (1975), Black Roses (1988)
If you want to see Viggo Mortenson’s weiner flapping around during a grueling bathhouse brawl, then Eastern Promises is the flick for you. Full frontal male nudity aside, I thought this was a pretty great movie and I recommend it. I think I liked Cronenberg and Mortenson’s previous team-up, A History of Violence, quite a bit better but that’s not a dis on Eastern Promises by any means.
This one’s for Steve. Cristi Harris started out as a promising horror Scream Queen in the mid-90’s and went through a short phase of showing off her underage breasts for all the world to see only to disappear from the genre. Too bad, cuz she was smokin’ hot. I think Steve and I can whole-heartedly recommend Night of the Demons 2 just for her 🙂
Some films: Night of the Demons 2 (1994), Night of the Scarecrow (1995)