Fire in the Sprockets

The 2nd Annual Splatcademy Awards

graphic1

It’s up. Revel in the orgy of horror podcasting goodness.

Special thanks to all the podcasters who presented:

19 Nocturne Boulevard ,Bloody Good Horror, B-Movie Cast, Cadaver Lab, The Cheap and Dirty Podcast, Drunken Zombie, Horror Etc., Horror Movie Fans Radio W/ Mike, Dried Blood Podcast, It Came From the Basement, Just Another Fucking Movie Podcast, Mail Order Zombie, The Midnight Horror Show, The Midnight Podcast, Motion Picture Massacre, Night of the Living Podcast, The Obscure 80’s Podcast, The Sleepy Cast, SweHorror, and The Zombie Chronicles

And a warm squishy hug to Explodey Jo, Jackie, and Codey for their outstanding help. Deejay as well, who made some great commercials.

And of course, I can’t forget to thank our Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for contributing an acceptance speech. I won’t spoil the surprise…

On behalf of everybody at the Splattercast, we hope you enjoy the show!

p.s. the file on Deadlantern.com is very large. If you don’t mind a lesser quality sound, head on over to our podomatic page.

• Posted February 23, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Permalink

I’m crossing my fingers, hoping our hosting company doesn’t pull the plug as we serve these out. I suppose it can’t be any worse than that Swiss Dexter fiasco :)

• Posted February 23, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

I’ve just passed 30% of the download and my computer is telling me it should be done within 5 mins. Wow that’s not a bad download time if you ask me.

• Posted February 23, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

Awesome – which version do iTunes users get?

• Posted February 23, 2009 at 2:21 pm | Permalink

Oh man, this is already great and I’m only ten seconds in.

• Posted February 23, 2009 at 2:23 pm | Permalink

fuck yes brady

• Posted February 23, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

Jo, the answer is: it depends :)

It depends on from where the iTunes user initially subscribed. On our page, we list the iTunes link that hooks into our own hosting. On the podomatic page, there’s another iTunes link that hooks into the podomatic-hosted files.

Either way, I’d guess that the differences wouldn’t be too stark between the two – we’ll sound like idiots at any bitrate.

• Posted February 23, 2009 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Wow that was really well done! way better than the crap I try to pass off as radio each week!

• Posted February 23, 2009 at 3:05 pm | Permalink

Downloaded within minutes! AWESOME!

Posted February 23, 2009 at 3:11 pm | Permalink

I started downloading this and 20 seconds into the download, my computer crashed. Thanks Splattercast!!

Re-downloading. Can’t wait to give this a listen :D

• Fake Larry
    Posted February 23, 2009 at 6:14 pm | Permalink

I’ll download it tonight, it’ll take me about 5 hours. Yes, I’m downloading it from back here in 1997.

• sweet jerky
    Posted February 24, 2009 at 9:54 am | Permalink

Fantastic episode. Looking forward to the next one. Though it kinda depresses me that I listen to most of the 20 podcasts featured… What a fucking loser!