Fire in the Sprockets

Splattercast #137

Splattercast #137 is a real thriller

Splattercast #137 is up. Hit the feeds or grab the mp3 direct.

We spend the first part of the cast lamenting Michael Jackson’s passing and then move on to lamenting Michael Bay’s new Transformers movie. Then Mat leads us through an exhaustive catalog of every horror podcast he could identify. We salute all of our horror podcasting brethren!

Special thanks to T.J. for the MJ-as-podcaster image.

DVD Cover Art of the Week: Island of the Fishmen

Island of the Fishmen

Alternate (inferior) show image. Billy Mays can’t compete with the King of Pop!

Splattercast #137 alternate show image

Posted June 30, 2009 at 2:24 am | Permalink

Planning a Jackson memorial for episode 2 as well. Can’t wait to give it a listen fellas.

• Posted June 30, 2009 at 4:24 am | Permalink

… Ugh! I’m getting sick of seeing nothing but Micheal Jackson on pretty much every website I go on. I’m not saying he wasn’t great but I’m getting fed up of seeing it everywhere I go.

• Posted June 30, 2009 at 8:18 am | Permalink

BUT WAIT

THERE’S MORE

• Wave
    Posted June 30, 2009 at 11:32 am | Permalink

Would DeeJay even miss this day in death? Getting ready to listen to the cast now.

• Posted June 30, 2009 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Slight correction. Horror Junk is no longer around. They did their last episode this year. But some would say it really ended after I left to create Drunken Zombie anyway.

• Posted June 30, 2009 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Looking forward to this one. My horror podcasting knowledge is really quite limited to the world-famous Splattercast, Horror Etc, and Mondo Movie.

• Marcus
    Posted July 2, 2009 at 11:57 am | Permalink

This is the first and only episode that I’ve listened to. I heard that you were going to be talking about some of my favorite casts. I think it’s funny that you were the ones to do this episode. After listening, I really enjoyed the history of podcasting. However, many of your editorial comments were laughable. For instance the guy who said that he hates all other horror podcasting. That’s fine, but I actually got irritated listening to you guys up until the point of the history lesson. After the history lesson, I got irritated again. Matt, Jeff, ditch the other two guys, they’re weighing you down.

• Posted July 2, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Thanks for giving us a try, Marcus. If you’re unfamiliar with our show, and you don’t totally hate us after #137 :) – I’d suggest you listen to #136, our episode on EC Comics. That was one of our better recent episodes that a lot of people seemed to like.

• Jessica B.
    Posted July 2, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Permalink

Matt, you are one arrogant ass. I’ve seen your movie. It’s shit. Love you Jeff!

Posted July 3, 2009 at 9:31 am | Permalink

Yes, I am an arrogant ass. And yes, our movie is shit.

But I still think most horror podcasts blow. Listening to podcasts just ain’t my thing. Get over it, whiners.

• Posted May 3, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

i will really miss the King of Pop. michael jackson is truly the best pop artist in this lifetime.;..

• Posted October 4, 2010 at 9:35 am | Permalink

sadly, the King of Pop will never be coming back again, oh i missed Michale Jackson:;.