Running Silent for two hours

Splattercast #141

What a puny podcast

Splattercast #141 is up. Feed options or direct mp3

Miss Bren and Brother D from Mail Order Zombie join us in the last of our current series of guest-hosted episodes. We take a look at the Mad Max trilogy and hash out some differing opinions on the franchise. Thanks again to everyone who’s taken the time to appear on our show in recent weeks!

Thanks also to Julie from 19 Nocturne Boulevard for sending in a voicemail with some great comments on our (infamous) rape-revenge episode from a couple weeks back.

Posted July 28, 2009 at 11:52 pm | Permalink

Something I totally forgot to mention in relation to Thunderdome. I hate when post-apocalyptic movies have little societies run by children. It’s totally unbelievable to me. That shit would be Lord of the Flies in every respect. No way do a bunch of little fugly brats create socialist utopia.

• MetalMikey
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 6:28 am | Permalink

But didn’t the kids have some super-Hippy woman helping them out? My memories of “Thunderdome” are so fuzzy from having only watched it a handful of times. My money, and love, is irreversably attached to “Road Warrior”.

• deejay
    Posted July 29, 2009 at 6:40 am | Permalink

I forgot to point out that scene were the chick leader of the kids gets spread eagle across the 2 sections of the train as it separates.

Thats hot.

Posted July 29, 2009 at 10:00 am | Permalink

They have a teenage chick “leading” them. Unfortunately, it’s established that all of them have been there a long time, which means she would have been really young when the adults first left.

I don’t buy it at all.

• Posted July 29, 2009 at 7:05 pm | Permalink

California Love, score.

• Posted July 30, 2009 at 3:51 am | Permalink

I take it MaT is not a Tribe fan then?

• Posted August 1, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Permalink

And I forgot to mention that the final scene of ‘Mad Max’ helped to give inspiration to James Wan and Leigh Whannel for their ‘Saw’ short, which is another reason why ‘Mad Max’ is such an important movie, right MaT? :)

• Posted May 17, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Hi, I found this website on Google and just wanted to say thanks for posting this list. I would have to agree with it, thank you again!