The Palace of Lies

The 4th Annual Splatcademy Awards

Download Now (Low Res)!

Download High Res Version!

You’ve been waiting for it and now here it is. The 4th Annual Splatcademy Awards. Find out what thousands of horror fans thought were the best films, scenes, kills, and boobs the horror genre had in 2010.

• Posted March 3, 2011 at 12:55 am | Permalink

Crap, 150 megs? I shouldn’t have told you 128kbps.

• MikeInSacramento
    Posted March 3, 2011 at 2:02 am | Permalink

Does Audacity compress when you convert to MP3?

• Posted March 3, 2011 at 4:12 am | Permalink

Ah, to write an award show coverage article or not to write an award show coverage article, that is the question. Or more specifically, to ride your coattails or not to ride your coattails…

• vaughn
    Posted March 3, 2011 at 8:00 am | Permalink

larry do it!!! plus come back to podcasting….

• Mat
    Posted March 3, 2011 at 8:53 am | Permalink

I can drop the bit rate down and reupload it if you want, Jeff.

Or maybe we can offer two versions? One the higher quality and one for people who are fine with the smaller version?

• Posted March 3, 2011 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Yeah, Mat, if it’s not too much of a pain in your ass, I would cut the bitrate down to 48 mono and re-upload.

Rename the current, larger file, like “splattercast218hq” or something.

Also, yes, I second the vote for Larry to get on the mic!

• Posted March 3, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Guys! Thanks so much, it’s truly an honor to be recognized! Keep checking in, the Vault is just getting warmed up…

• Lauren
    Posted March 3, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Permalink

Way to invite me to ther party guys………… ::kicks dirt::

• Posted March 4, 2011 at 3:43 am | Permalink

Two time, two time Splatcademy Award winner, Drunken Zombie!

• Mat
    Posted March 4, 2011 at 9:02 am | Permalink

How do you sleep at night? How? :)

• Posted March 4, 2011 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Well, knowing that you’re a winner sleep comes easy. Smily face, right back at yea.

• Posted March 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Permalink

Larry: Do coat tails have seat belts?

• jackie
    Posted March 6, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Permalink

No. So be careful when you’re riding bumper boats with them.

• Rocky
    Posted March 7, 2011 at 12:20 am | Permalink

Having trouble downloading this. It seems to not be coming through the feed. Anyone else having issues with this? This has never happened before

• Mat
    Posted March 7, 2011 at 2:41 am | Permalink

hmmm….Nobody else has mentioned having any problem downloading it. I just checked the two download links included in the blog post and they both work fine on my end. I’ll let Jeff know and see if anything is screwy with the feed.

Thanks!

• Rocky
    Posted March 8, 2011 at 5:56 am | Permalink

Okay thanks. I’m sure it’s me. Maybe I’ll cancel the feed and restart it. That might help. I’ll keep ya posted

• Rocky
    Posted March 11, 2011 at 9:48 am | Permalink

okay, it didn’t come through on the feed, I had to do it manually. No big deal. As I said, probably just some bullshit on my end

3 Trackbacks

• [...] like to thank all the Drunken Zombie fans around the would for voting for Drunken Zombie in the 4th Annual Splatcademy Awards so we can become the two time, two time Splatcademy Award winner and a Massive thank you to [...]

• [...] like to thank all the Drunken Zombie fans around the would for voting for Drunken Zombie in the 4th Annual Splatcademy Awards so we can become the two time, two time Splatcademy Award winner and a Massive thank you [...]

• By The Demons Due on June 1, 2011 at 12:16 am

[...] Lo was up against some pretty amazing competition in the genre. Films like Splice, Frozen and Triangle were all duking it out in the category, but in the end, our frisky demon lit up a smoke and laughed in their faces, taking home BOTH awards! You can listen to the awards show and hear me accept the awards HERE! [...]